Modelling Monday (on Friday)

Brakki Barka

I’ve wanted to get a Brakki model since my interest in Abyssal Dwarfs started.  His rules are very nice - a moderate beat stick individual (7 attacks, CS3 with vicious!) with good nerve and very inspiring plus dread!  I figured I would slot him in to my list as a support for the faster moving abyssal grotesques as a combo charge with Brakki and a grotesque horde can get some work done.

The conversion

The conversion was relatively straight forward, I used a GW irongut and juggernaut that I had and cut one on half and the head of the other.  I’m going for a “techno-sorcery” style for my Abyssal Dwarfs, so I like the mechanical style bodies of the juggernaut for the fast moving “cavalry” elements.  The hardest part was cutting the irongut as it’s relatively thick plastic, and taking the gut plate off the model intact for later use.

The gut plate and carry bag on the irongut serviced to cover the head gap on the juggernaut and a little green stuff “fur” cleared the join!

So here you go - Brakki Barka



Comments

Popular posts from this blog